I just got into a great eBook from The Stone Soup called How To Love Your Waistline & Your Food. It’s so great! It’s slow carb with a paleo/primal influence. It’s exactly what I was looking for to shake up our summer eating! The book is has warm weather and cool weather recipes sorted out into slow meals or quick meals which is such a great idea that I wish more cookbooks did that! Since it’s officially summer here in the Pacific Northwest I read through all the warm weather foods and made our menu plan today. We went on our grocery shopping trip and are really excited for this week! We did however not think about this weekend for eating! Oops! Tonight is planned but tomorrow all that is planned is breakfast! I have loads of beans and tins of fish so I think it’ll something along those lines for me.
- Quinoa Porridge made with cream and milk
- Scrambled Eggs with greens [made in the microwave at work!]
- Breakfast Salad
- Fancy Brunch – Aebleskiver [Danish Pancakes] with Irish butter and aprocot jam, hashbrowns and peach slices
- Green Goddess Salad
- Vaguely Greek Salad – I only bought chèvre so I am using it instead of Feta so really it’s more of a vaguely French salad. It’s delicious though – I had it for lunch today!
- Shredded Carrot Salad with Hummus – I am making my own hummus so it should be extra delicious.
- Japanese Salad
- Chickpea Salad & Chèvre
- Summer Squash Burgers
- Tofu Steaks on a bed of greens
- Teriyaki Eggplant on seasoned Cauliflower Rice
- Berry Mousse
It’s shaping up to be a delicious week! Tonight we’re having a sausage supper with fresh corn on the cob. Peaches and cream for dessert! After dinner going to the three dollar theater to see Cabin in the Woods again with friends. It’s my favorite horror movie of all time so I am very excited. Joss Whedon can do no wrong.
July 7, 2012
What are you cooking this week?
This entry was posted in Nomz and tagged cheap, health, japanese, menu plan monday, slow carb. Bookmark the permalink.
← Girls afternoon or I am a Hello Kitty addict Happy Summer! →