I am so ready for Fall it’s not even funny. It’s nice and overcast today and it looks like rain, but it’s still so warm that it’ll just be thunder showers if it does end up raining. I’m ready for pumpkin everything, cozy nights with friends, endless amounts of tea, attempting to read as much as possible, Animal Crossing (;>.>), hot cocoa, warm sweaters, cat cuddles, curling my hair and having it stay, and generally being a homebody. On with the Menu Plan Monday!
What We’re Having
- Big Vegan Salad – greens, roasted sunflower seeds, dried cranberries, tomato, avocado with a homemade balsamic vinaigrette
- Carrot and Pesto Soup – Like this pea soup only using carrots.
- Homemade ketchup ‘baked’ beans and Wilted Greens with Parmesan
- Pan fried cauliflower with ricotta and a simple green salad
- Chunk veggie soup made with Summer squash
- Summer Squash chili with red lentils
- If we don’t feel like something above then a Quick Veggie Satay
Breakfasts & Lunches
- Hard boiled eggs
- Applesauce with cinnamon
- Tomato Slices
- Oatmeal for him
- Lunches are leftovers
All in all quite frugal. Fall and winter it’s so much easier for me to cook for some reason. I think it’s just that I can make soups and strews all the time.
September 10, 2012
What are you making this week?
This entry was posted in Nomz and tagged cooking, menu plan monday, recipes, slow carb, vegan. Bookmark the permalink.
← Book Review: The Ninth Daughter Book Review: Destiny by Alex Archer →